The server was down yesterday (Sunday), apologies to everyone for the inconvenience.
has been our first little crisis since we launched (Nov 04). The
database server broke down for no reason; this is surprising given that
the machine is only 2 months old. We are still not sure what got
corrupted, either the Linux kernel or the RAID 5 data. We could not
figure out what was exactly wrong so at the end we decided to install 3
new hard disk and reinstall all the software. Then we recovered the
backup from Saturday night so no data was lost.
Status Report – Monday 13th 13:13
– database – fully restored.
– photos – fully restored.
– caching engine – fully restored.
– Intranet – fully restored.
– email – still some glitches.
– localisation engine – still some minor issues.