One of my latest discoveries is Jungle Disk. An application that lets you store files and backup data securely with unlimited capacity. Jungle disk is powered by Amazon’s new S3 storage service and it allows you to store data for only $0.15 per GB (per month). Here are some of the specs and features:
* Store an unlimited amount of data for only 15¢ per gigabyte
* No monthly subscription fee, no startup fee, no commitment
* Your data is fully encrypted at all times
* Data is stored at multiple Amazon.com datacenters for high availability
* Access files directly from Windows Explorer, Mac OSX Finder, and Linux
* Automatically back up your important files quickly and easily
I’m currently using Jungle Disk as my main hard disk to store all my personal files and most work docs. It automatically synchronises my home PC HD, office PC HD and laptop HD!
I have even uploaded my 50GB mp3 collection (as a backup).
I highly recommend using it if you’re looking a way to back up your data and don’t want to rely on Platypus/GDrive when/if it comes out this year.